2021 Daily Devotion - Day 462

Deuteronomy 29:29
“The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may follow all the words of this law.”

This verse has brought me comfort over the years as I face trials – trials of unanswered prayer or prayer answered but not the way I wanted or thought best. I consider these as the “secret things” that belong to God. While I may want or feel the need to understand, I am reminded that these belong to God and He does not need to share all His ways with me. Indeed, sometimes it is for my good or the good of others that they are not revealed and go unanswered.

I can, however, count on “the things revealed” as belonging to myself and my children and future generations forever – statements of truth I can claim!

John 3:16-17
“For God so loved the world, that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him.”

John 14:6
“I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”

These truths are revealed to us so “we may follow all the words of this law”. Through His Word, God has revealed Himself, His ways and desires for a purpose. We are to obey God’s Word. We are to love the Lord our God with all our heart, soul and mind, and love our neighbor as ourselves. We are to walk by the Spirit and bear Spiritual fruit.

Pray with me:
Father God, we read in Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future”. Help us, please, to trust in Your Word, though our circumstances may be overwhelming. Increase our faith to trust in Your timing and submit to Your will. Let us leave the “secret things” with You and boldly move forward sharing Your love with others and making Christ known. To Your glory we pray, in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Patti May
Mount of Olives Church Member, 
Stephen Ministry, Prayer Ministry, Women Walking With God Discussion Leader
Mount of Olives Church

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2020 Daily Devotion - Day 268

2021 Daily Devotion - Day 340

2021 Daily Devotion - Day 459